Monday, January 24, 2011

I Was Wrong, Thankfully!

My intense 'morning sickness' has faded. I have come to the belated realization that I didn't really have morning sickness. Instead, I was having a bad reaction to the passing gallstone. In the past, when a stone was stuck in a duct, I have been in a lot of pain with some nausea. This time, I had intense nausea, with some pain. Being nauseous and pregnant, I just assumed I was having morning sickness. Because it has since faded, however, I have now come to the conclusion that I made a wrong assumption.

That's a good thing! As much as I was trying to keep a positive outlook, I really don't think I could have handled months of that agony. Not to mention the fact that I don't have time to lay in bed all day, every day. My family was very supportive last week, but I have no doubt that the novelty would have worn off soon.

I do have a bit of lingering queasiness, but I am not sure if it's leftover gallstone issues or if this is my actual morning sickness. Robert reminded me that it took more than a week to recover from the last two passings, so I'm not going to decide anything for at least a few days.

***

Yesterday, at church, I had several people come up to me and say something such as, "I heard a rumor about you..." I was quick to reply that what they had heard was correct. So, I think most people in the ward now know. Hopefully the next 9 months don't drag on forever and people don't start saying things like, "haven't you had that baby YET?" when I'm only 6 months along :-)

One of my friends is also pregnant, although she's 19 weeks along and is just now telling people. She's also young and very thin with a tiny little belly bump. Her kids are 6, 4, and 2. We are in way different situations, but it will be fun to have someone to commiserate with :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment