Thursday, January 20, 2011

Morning Sickness

Either my morning sickness has started much earlier than it should, or I'm further along than I thought I was. I've been extremely sick for the past two days. My diet has consisted of ginger ale, herbal tea, and soda crackers. I've either been in bed, at the toilet, or for brief periods of feeling okay, sitting at the computer. I've had mild nausea with most of my other pregnancies, although it was a bit worse when I was pregnant with Khasia, but I've never had it this bad before.

Also, I believe I have a gallstone stuck in a duct, because I'm having that pressure pain on my ribcage and breastbone area. I've had gallstone issues since late summer, diagnosed the last week of October, and have since changed my diet to allow me to function without any issues since then (although I had a couple of attacks around Christmas, when I wasn't as strict with my eating habits). I've passed a total of two stones, with this one being the third. It's not a pleasant experience, but hopefully, if I can keep my diet under control, I'm not forming new ones, which theoretically means that eventually my gallstones will all pass and it won't be an issue anymore. For now, though, it's really a pain (pun intended).

The pain medication that I have to help control the attack pain works great, but I won't take it while I'm pregnant. The things I'm doing to help control my nausea (carbonated drinks) are exactly what I shouldn't be having to help with my gallstones. I'm kinda in a catch 22 at the moment. Mostly, I'm just trying to survive and keep a positive attitude.

One of the good things about morning sickness is that it means my body has accepted the baby and is producing the hormones needed for my pregnancy to 'take'. This means that I have a much lower chance of miscarriage now. See, there's good in everything :-)

I've had to tell a few people about being pregnant. I was supposed to give a talk in church on Sunday, but I don't think I'll be up for it. I also may not be up for doing my primary secretary stuff on Sunday, either. So, I had to let the primary president and bishopric counsellor know what's going on. Also, I was asked to be a camp leader this summer, but declined due to not having any idea of what condition I'll be in by July. I cancelled my volunteer hours in Khasia's class tomorrow morning. All these people now know I'm pregnant. Because of that, I've told the kids that they can go ahead and tell people. News will end up leaking out anyway, so might as well let the kids off the hook and let them tell their friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment